Tuesday 11 March 2014

Back to School - Day 2

Today I spent the morning bathing and drying a standard poodle called Ettie. I also got some practise shaving her feet. She was very well behaved but had very ticklish feet so that bit was tricky!



Ettie is so fabulous she even has painted nails! These were done at Crufts as part of a creative grooming demonstration.


After lunch I had my official induction where I went through the course syllabus, how the course will run and I got all of my equipment. There was so much stuff! I don't know how I managed to carry it all back to the hotel but I did. I've just finished putting coloured tape on all of the pieces so they don't get muddled up with the other students'.


Then after my induction I got to watch another cat grooming demonstration by Christine.


Here's the kitty after his bath wearing a special hood to muffle the sound of the hair dryer so he doesn't get scared of the loud noise.

Really enjoyed today and can't wait to get stuck in to some actual grooming tomorrow.

Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment