Monday 29 July 2013

Poodles and Pompadours Days Out: Maidenhead Festival

This Friday and Saturday we were lucky enough to attend Maidenhead Festival and have a stall there selling our wares. It was a really great weekend and I had so much fun.
There was lots of stalls celebrating local businesses and charities, a popup beach, fairground rides, live music, great food from local people and fireworks.
I had a great time and met some really lovely people. Thank you to everyone who came to our stall to have a chat or to purchase something, and a big thanks to the other stall holders and organisers for making us feel so welcome. It was also lovely to see that some of my friends and family came down to pay me a visit and be supportive.
I am really quite proud of myself for how the weekend went. As you may know, I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder, and generally find it very difficult dealing with strangers and being in unfamiliar surroundings and situations, but when I'm doing this job, I feel like it's just what I'm meant to be doing, even if I did have to get up before 6am on a weekend!
I feel like I actually know what I'm doing and what I'm talking about, and my anxiety levels are lower than usual, probably because I'm doing something that I love, and getting face to face, positive feedback about it.
I managed the whole 48 hours without any problems and I'm really happy with the progress I've made and how far I've come on my road to recovery in the last 6 months.
I got lots of lovey compliments about how pretty our stall was, and also on my dress which is a brand new Hell Bunny one from Sirens and Starlets. I was going to return it when it arrived as I didn't think I could pull it off as it has really thin straps, but when I tried it on with a cardigan I fell in love with it so I decided to keep it. It's a little on the small side, but as I'm losing weight it should be a perfect fit, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Big THANK YOU to Kym and Bear for helping me this weekend. I owe you slushies and dog treats.
Did anyone else go to Maidenhead Festival or do you hav any local events like this where you live? What did you think of it?
Let me know in the comments below.
Hayley xo

4 comments:

  1. I had the pleasure of meeting you guys and Bear over the weekend. I loved your products and just in general the whole idea behind your business. It was great to see you there! Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky,
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment. It was a pleasure to meet you.
      Hope to see you again soon!
      Hayley x

      Delete
  2. I am so very proud of you! It sounds like you had a really good weekend, so happy!
    You looked utterly stunning, all summery :D

    You're a superstar <3

    ReplyDelete