Tuesday 4 June 2013

Tattoo Tuesday: Our first ever event: Croydon Tattoo Convention 2013

Tattoo Tuesday is a bit different this month, it's about a Convention rather than an artist.

So at the weekend I attended my first ever trade event for Poodles and Pompadours.

I was at the Croydon Tattoo Convention all weekend at Fairfield Halls, Croydon.

As I'm sure you know, I suffer from an illness (anxiety & panic disorder and agoraphobia) which makes it extremely hard for me to even go outside, let alone go to events and market my brand, but this is something that I have to do if I want my small business to succeed so I went armed with my self help techniques, medication, my trusty sidekick (who I can't be without!) and boxes full of goodies for me to sell.

I had an amazing time and was so pleased to finally meet the lovely Vicky from Stars and Scars, after talking to her online for god knows how long! We shared a stall for the whole weekend and had such a laugh.

Vicky makes amazing handmade jewellery, and each piece is hand illustrated by her. Aren't they cool!? I really want a mermaid necklace (she can make them to look like you!) and a bunting necklace, which was really cute.

If you want to have a look at her stuff you can visit her Etsy shop at https://www.etsy.com/shop/starsnscars

It was also lovely for Sharon to pay us a visit on Sunday. Great to see you again!

Saturday was our first day, we were upstairs with most of the other traders and it was very quiet as unfortunely there was no signage or anything to say that we were up there. We still had fun but it was the quieter of the two days.

On Saturday night we decided to move our table downstairs and got a space right in front of the entrance to the artists booths, which was a much better spot as we caught everyone before they went into the the artists area.

Wendy stopped by our stall on Saturday afternoon and picked up two handmade bananas for Mr. Sizzles. Doesn't he look adorable?

Sunday was filled with lots of fun stuff. We spoke to loads of people about their furry children, ate cupcakes and watched some burlesque performed by Dave the Bear, Aurora Galore and Chi Chi Revolver.

We had a great weekend and I didn't want it to end. It made realise just how much I miss living in London.

 

Thanks to everyone involved for making the weekend such fun.

See you again next year?

Hayley xo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment