Wednesday 20 November 2013

Christmas Gift Ideas for Dog Lovers

When I came up with the idea to do a series of Christmas Gift Guides for my blog, I knew I wanted to champion small businesses in the UK, and so for my first Christmas gift guide for Dog Lovers I have decided to focus solely on products sold on notonthehighstreet.com (NOTHS).
NOTHS is an online marketplace packed full of UK based independent designers and small businesses. They sell a huge range of goods that are all made in the UK and since I have made a pledge this year to promise that all of the gifts I will be giving are either handmade by me, handmade in the UK or sourced second hand or from charity shops, I thought this would be a good place to start.

"We're passionate about hand-picking the best creative small businesses to sell on our marketplace, making it simple for you to find inspired, personalised, stylish or unique things.

We don’t sell one particular style. We choose sellers who offer great design and the best quality products, many of which can be customised to suit you. It’s easy to find (or create) the look or style that works for you.

Support British creative talent

Everything you buy from our site comes directly from one of the artists, designers and curators who make up our collection of sellers. By shopping with us you’re doing business with diverse, talented independent sellers who care about quality, innovation and style as much as you do, as well as supporting the future and growth of creative talent."

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/

 

Here are my 22 Gift Ideas for Dog Lovers. Information of how and where to buy these products can be found by clicking on the linked item number below.

Links to the products - 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24.

Custom Pet Portraits by www.studio-legohead.com

 

As you will see, I have also included one final item in my Christmas Gift Guide for Dog Lovers that is not from notonthehighstreet.com.

These custom pet portraits are by the wonderful illustrator and textil artist Jo Chambers.

Jo is a British artist based in Bath and her gorgeous pet portraits have been on the top of my wish list for some time now.

To see more of Jo's artwork you can visit the Studio Legohead Facebook Page.

Happy Shopping!

Hayley x

P.S incase you're wondering about the slippers - they are for keeping your feet toasty warm after a long, cold and probably wet dog walk.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment