Tuesday 8 May 2012

Cupcakes for Dogs! Peanut Butter & Carrot PUPcakes


  

Dog Friendly Cupcakes


We all know that humans LOVE cupcakes. They are everywhere you look these days so it seems a bit unfair that dogs should miss out on all the cupcake fun. I've been making PUPCor FURRYcakes, whichever you want to call them, since I found the recipe for Bambi's birthday a few years ago and they've always gone down well. We've served them at puppy parties and even taken them to the park with us to share with Bambi and Bear's friends so when I was a bit bored this Bank Holliday Weekend I thought I would make them again.

The ingredients are usually things that you would have in your cupboard or fridge anyway, so they are really easy to rustle up as a last minute treat for your little ones.


The recipe below usually makes about 24 Peanut Butter and Carrot cakes, but as I only have 2 dogs that seemed a bit much for me and I didn't want to waste any food so I decided to make up the full amount, pop the rest into freezer bags and save them in the freezer for another rainy weekend.


Recipe:
1 cup white or whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg

 


Directions:
•Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
•Mix the flour, baking soda and egg all together in a bowl.

•Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.

•Put a teaspoon of the mixture into each paper cake case or use a greased baking tin.


•Put in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.

Once the PUPcakes are ready and have cooled down you can ice them by using nonfat cream cheese as a frosting, but I chose not to do that this time, mainly because I only had full-fat cream cheese in the fridge.


They have gone down very well with my chihuahuas, Bambi even licked the crumbs off the matt! Don't forget to take them out of the paper casing before you give them to your dogs though.

If you liked this tutorial I'll be showing you show to make PUPsickles,  which are a great way to give your dogs a treat and keep them cool in the summer months, all at the same time.

If you try out this recipe for yourself, please send me some pictures of your dogs enjoying their pupcakes. I'd love to see them!

Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment