1. Keep them inside. Many dogs will get spooked whilst walking during fireworks and can run away and get lost.
2. Make them a safe den to hide in with plenty of blankets. Let them snuggle up inside and feel safe.
3. Shut all doors, windows and draw all curtains in the house. Block out as much of the light and sound as possible.
4. Do not leave them alone unless absolutely necessary. They need you to feel safe. If you can't be there, please get a trusted pet sitter to be with them.
5. Use relaxing aromatherapy techniques and relaxing music to create a calm environment for them. Scents to use for dogs include Lavender, Chamomile and Ylang Ylang. Scented candles featuring these 3 main ingredients will work a treat. Light a lavender candle a few hours before the fireworks start to give the scents time to take effect.
Stay safe! X