Whilst Halloween is really fun for us, for our pets it can be quite a scary time. Here's my 5 top tips on how to keep your pet happy at Halloween.
1. Halloween Treats - Make sure to keep all chocolates and candies away from your pets. Chocolate is poisonous to dogs and could cause a fatal injury if eaten.
2. Trick or Treat? If you’re expecting trick-or-treaters, it’s best to put your pet in a room where they feel safe. Make them a little nest and draw the curtains, give them lots of treats or toys and maybe even leave the radio on to distract them from any scary sounds or knocks at the door.
3. Costumes - If you’re going to dress your pet in a costume for Halloween, only do so if they are happy and comfortable with it. Animals should never be left unattended whilst wearing any type of clothing or accessories. It's probably best to leave it on for a few minutes, take a picture and then take it off again to avoid any accidents or unnecessary stress to the animal.
4. Stay at Home - Don't take your pet with you trick-or-treating. The noises, costumes and volume of unfamiliar people can be very scary. Leave them at home in their safe place.
5. Chipped and Tagged - Make sure your pets have ID tags and are microchipped and both of these things have the correct, up-to-date information. Animals, when scared can bolt out of fear, so make sure the house and garden are secure and that they are tagged and chipped to enable a safe return if they do get lost.
P.S Don't forget that the last date in which you can order your Halloween bandanas so that they can be made and delivered in time is Sunday 27 October. You can order online through our Etsy shop or send me a message on Facebook. All the links can be found on our website: www.poodlesandpompadours.com